Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pre-Qualification Success and Final Changes


We found out a few days after we filled out the paperwork that we were pre-qualified for our loan! Yay!! We were so excited to be building our dream home!

February 13, 2012 I went to Williamsburg to NVR Mortgage to fill out our loan paperwork. I was very prepared with everything that they asked for, but I was still there forever. I will never forget this experience because I had to go there with both kids...alone!(At the time a 1 year old and a 3 month old!) Mike had to work and we were going to the Poconos for a long weekend the next day, so I had no choice. We had to have the loan paperwork submitted within a week of getting pre-approved. My appointment was at 4 pm and I did not leave until after 8. When the loan officer tried to print out our stuff, the printers were down and it took forever for them to get fixed. I just wanted to get it all done, so I stayed. It was a VERY long night. I was exhausted when I got home, but it was worth it.

February 20, 2013 I had a meeting to go over our final changes and colors for our home. This was the fun meeting that I was waiting for! Although, it would have been a lot nicer if I didn't have both kids with me, oh the life of a Navy wife. I got to pick everything out, and since my hubby wasn't there, he couldn't say no!

 
I drove around the neighborhood and LOVED this house. (Ryan Homes has a rule that your house can't look the same on the outside as the house next to you. Thankfully our house was the only one in the cul de sac so far and I got to pick whatever I wanted!)

 

 
Pebble Clay: color of the siding.

 
Black shutters.

 
Fiery red front door.

 
Brick on front of house...so in love.
 
 

 
Our cabinets and countertops!
 
I also decided to add some pre-wires in 5 rooms for lights/ceiling fans. This was another way for them to make money. I didn't want to have free standing lamps everywhere, so we decided to just go for it. I added the prewires in the morning room, family room, master bedroom and the kids two rooms upstairs. We decided that was all we needed for the moment and could add more later on if we wanted to.
 

A few days later we had an appointmet at Advanced Flooring and Design to pick out our flooring and tile. This time, my hubby was able to make it...yay!

 
The laminate floor we chose on the left, along with the countertop and cabinet.
 
 
The laminate floor with the color of railing we chose for the stairs and the carpet color (the one in the middle).
 
For our tile in the bathrooms, we just chose the basic white tile. We figured that we could always upgrade later if we wanted to. 
 


2 comments:

  1. We also chose Pebble Clay. Nice choices. The red door will be really sharp with the brick color.

    ReplyDelete