Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Week Seven

My husband and I drove by the house last night and we have some drywall! However, I was quite annoyed when I went upstairs and noticed that they never switched out the prewire and drywalled right over where the prewire should be! I emailed my PM right away and sent him a picture of the ceiling. I waited for an email back until 12 pm and didn't get one, so I called him. He said he went by the house and I was right, of course :-). So basically we are getting the one prewire for free since they messed up and already drywalled around it, yay! And they are going to have to somehow add the other prewire that we originally paid for. I am pretty excited that we get that prewire for free, can't beat that!


Living Room (Kid's playroom)

Closet

Bedroom

Laundry Room (it looks like a decent size!)

Bedroom

Ceiling where prewire should be but is not.

Kid's Bathroom

Bedroom

Master Bedroom

Master bedroom

Morning Room
 
All of the drywall is done, it is starting to look more like a house!
 
We have brick and a garage door!


Morning Room
 

Family Room

 The hubs measuring the windows so we can make curtains :-)

 
Kitchen


Closet

Stairs


Master bedroom


Here are some problems I found with the frame around the front door...it looks like they may have to replace the whole thing. They really did a crappy job, I'm not happy with it.


 
But, I love the way the front looks so far!
 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome score on the extra pre-wire. I think RHs was charging like $150 or $175 for each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea they were charging $195 for them at our place. So we are happy.

      Delete
  2. Just came across your blog. My husband and I are also considering building in Turtle Creek. Can't wait to see the rest of your experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! You have to let me know if you decide to build there and we can keep in touch :-)

      Delete