Saturday, July 13, 2013

8 Days Until Closing!!

We are extremely excited to close on July 22nd...hopefully it will actually be that day! We have our final walkthrough this Thursday, July 18th, at 10:30am.

Although I am excited, I am still very disappointed about a few things. The cabinets in the kitchen do not look that great. There are a lot of nicks and marks all over them from the men working on the house. Every time I go there, I feel like I find more and more things wrong with the cabinets. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like I'm being a pain in the butt, but am I wrong to want my cabinets to look perfect? In my opinion, the cabinets and countertops in a house are the most important/expensive things and they need to be perfect! Those were the main things that we upgraded and I am very upset about it.

My PM had them "touch up" some of the marks but it just doesn't look the same. It's truly upsetting how the workers can do such a poor job. It makes me feel like they do not care and just want to get it done. My PM did say that if I don't like the way they look then he will order new ones. But, how long is that going to take? I'm just frustrated at this point because we only have a week until we close.

Also, we just noticed that almost all of the knobs on the bathroom drawers upstairs are not centered at all....seriously. I don't know how they could have messed something as simple as that up, but they did!

Can anyone else tell me if they have had any of these problems and what you think about what I'm going through? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some pictures of the marks on the cabinets:

 



 
 
On another note...here is a before and after they painted the front door. I love my red front door!
 

 
We went to Lowes today because they were having a 20% off sale on all Hunter fans....how awesome is that?! Plus we got an additional 10% off of that for a military discount, major score! We bought 6 ceiling fans with lights for a little over $400.
 
We got 4 of these for all the bedrooms upstairs

We got 2 of these, one for the morning room and one for the family room
 
 
Here are some more pictures of the house:
 
Powder Room

Kitchen

I actually like the dining room light fixture!

Kitchen


Family room

Corner of countertop where laminate is missing

Laundry room

Guest bathroom


Master bath: PM said we could change out the floors since we are keeping all of the flooring mistakes they made. It clashes with our FREE granite lol


 


3 comments:

  1. The cabinets need to be perfect, don't settle until they are. I saw the sale on fans too, but I feel like I have bought too much stuff anyway and I have been told by my husband that we are out of room in the storage unit, so I am waiting. My bday is the 22nd so hopefully it will be a lucky day for you and you will have a wonderful closing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am meeting with my PM tomorrow morning to tell him which ones need to be replaced. He's not going to be happy, but I really don't care anymore.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete