Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Week Eleven

We have been on vacation for the past week and a half, so I am just going to skip ahead to week eleven! A lot has happened....good and bad. Begin rant now...

There's a huge crack in the corner cabinet in our kitchen, which I told my PM about multiple times. I just figured it was taking a long time to replace. We went by the house yesterday and sure enough, our countertops were installed right over the HUGE crack in the cabinet. I was not happy.

The frame around our front door still needs to be replaced. They installed the wrong laminate floors in 5 rooms/closets.


There is good news though....

Somehow they ordered us granite countertops in the two upstairs bathrooms, score! We didn't upgrade the countertops.  I love the granite, but it doesn't go with the floors I originally chose. I talked with my husband and we actually like the mistakes that they made with the vinyl floors, so I called my PM to set up a meeting to talk about everything. I met with him this morning and he said that since we are going to keep their mistakes, he will try and see about switching the floors in the master....double score!! However, part of the granite countertop in the guest bathroom is chipped in the corner. So, I'm not sure if we are going to be able to keep it or not, but that's ok because we got it for free in our bathroom!

Another awesome thing is we got that free prewire in one bedroom upstairs that we didn't pay for and now we have prewires in all of the bedrooms upstairs. And my PM said that they are going to sod our entire yard...yay! I originally thought they were only going to do 25 feet away from the house.

I am super nervous because we are supposed to have our final walk through in 8 days, July 18th! There is still a ton or work to be done and I'm worried. They better work their butts off these next few days!







4 comments:

  1. MAJOR score!! You can't beat free granite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know right?! How they accidentally ordered us granite...I have no idea!

      Delete
  2. Nice on the upgrades. I bet they will have it done in time.

    ReplyDelete