Sunday, July 21, 2013

Not Closing On Time....Frustrating

So, we are not closing on time...extremely frustrated at this point. The reason we are not closing on time is because the appraiser appraised the WRONG lot!! Seriously! So when we first chose our lot, it was not open in the system yet, so they gave us lot 7 as a temporary lot and we immediately signed an addendum for our real lot 101. Somehow in the process, the lender messed up and didn't have the correct paperwork...blah blah blah. So the appraiser, the genius that he must have been, appraised lot 7, which doesn't even have a freaking house on it! So now we are hoping to close Friday July 26th.

And to top it all off....we did our final walk trough Thursday July 18th at 10:00 am. Everything was great, just a few minor things, like nicks in the walls until we got to the kitchen and family room....I looked up between the kitchen and family room and noticed two pretty big cracks in the ceiling and a ton of nail pops. Then I walked towards where the fridge should be and noticed a lot more nail pops. Our PM said he would definitely get it fixed...then 2 hours later calls me and tells me it was a bigger issue than he thought it was.

Apparently, they didn't seal something off in the attic that should have been, so hot air was getting in and around the cooling ducts for the AC causing lots of condensation. This is what my kitchen looks like now....




Inside Morning Room

Morning Room



6 comments:

  1. We're building in the same region and are concerned about something similar happening since our lot isn't even subdivided on the county's website yet. Do you mind saying who you worked with at NVR so that if it's our same contact we can be alert to make sure we don't have the same experience?

    (Also if you meant to include a picture of your kitchen, it didn't post.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I added the pics! Wanna shoot me an email and we can chat that way? kproskine@gmail.com Are you building in Turtle Creek also?

      Delete
  2. Hi Kristin, I am so sorry to hear of you not closing on time and the problems with the house. I would definitely have them fix anything that does not meet your satisfaction because once you move in it will difficult to get those things handled. They can replace the cabinets with the knobs etc. You will just have to wait a little longer or get the confirmation that they will definitely replace your cabinets before or after you move in. At the end of the day, we are spending lots of money on these homes and we deserve to have them built to our satisfaction.

    Your Rome Elevation A is the first that I have seen with both vinyl and brick! It really looks nice and gives the elevation character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm doing another walk through this Thursday since the kitchen was torn apart. And I agree with you, my cabinets need to be perfect. Thanks for making me feel a little better!

      And thanks, I love my house! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that! I understand how dissapointing it is to think you are closing on a set day and it gets pushed back. I hope they (properly) fix up the problems asap!

    ReplyDelete